Table of Contents
- What type of business is Consolidated Fire Protection?
- What fire protection services does Consolidated offer?
- What makes Consolidated Fire Protection services unique?
- The downside: No services for single-family homeowners
- How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
- How to save money on homeowners insurance
Load full table of contents
Consolidated Fire Protection provides customers with fire protection system design, installation, testing, and inspection, as well as 24/7 fire monitoring, security system solutions, and backflow services.
Implementing a fire protection system can protect your home or business from serious damage. For homeowners, this can also mean potential insurance discounts. For businesses, multi-residence buildings, or government institutions it is important to make sure your fire systems are robust, up-to-date, and meet all regulations.
What type of business is Consolidated Fire Protection?
Consolidated Fire Protection(CFP) is a company that specializes in fire protection for commercial buildings, warehouses, and multi-residences. It offers a range of services to help protect companies from fire through adequate design, detection, and suppression.
CFP’s core services include:
- Inspection and testing of facilities’ fire systems
- Service and repair to fire and life safety systems
- Design and engineering of systems to meet safety standards in a way that can be easily updated
- Construction and retrofitting of fire safety systems
- Monitoring of your fire systems through their central monitoring station
What fire protection services does Consolidated offer?
Consolidated Fire Protection focuses mainly on the following products and services:
- Fire extinguishers: CFP offers inspections, training, testing, recharging, and replacement services for all types of portable fire extinguishers.
- Alarm and detection systems: CFP’s team of specialists can design and integrate custom detection systems to meet the needs of your facility. They can help with every step from design to installation to inspection.
- Fire suppression systems: Far more than just sprinklers, CFP offers its services for six types of suppression systems from sprinklers to restaurant hood vents to gaseous suppression systems.
- Security solutions: CFP doesn’t only focus on fire safety. They also provide security services like anti-intrusion, controlled entry, and security camera systems
- Backflow prevention: CFP can also make sure your building’s drinking water stays safe by servicing anti-backflow systems.
Types of insurance
What makes Consolidated Fire Protection services unique?
CFP has unmatched customer communication, with each customer being assigned a dedicated account manager, and customer service staff available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Each customer can also access their
client portalthat is customized to meet your specific needs and where you can access updates relevant to your specific project.
When you get CFP to design or retrofit your fire safety system, they prioritize ensuring the system can easily be accessed and updated to meet any changes that may be required in the future. They also pride themselves in avoiding proprietary systems and software so you aren’t stuck using niche systems and can choose whichever is right for your facility.
Minimax Viking Group family of companies
CFP is one of the 60+ fire protection companies in the Minimax Viking family of companies. This means that CFP has easy access to the products and expertise of an assortment of professionals and the latest fire detection and suppression technology.
The downside: No services for single-family homeowners
CFP focuses its attention on commercial facilities and large residential buildings. So if you are looking for fire prevention services for your single-family home, then you will have to look elsewhere.
How fire protection could save you money on home insurance
Fire damage is the third most common type of claim in the US, accounting for about 25% of total claims. Of course, fires pose a major risk to the safety of your family—and also your bank account. Fire damage claims tend to be the most expensive insurance claims, averaging around $80,000.
- Main dwelling coverage will help cover the physical damage to the structure of your home.
- Personal property coverage can help to replace any damaged contents of your home like furniture, clothes, etc.
- Additional living expenses coverage would help cover fees associated with having to relocate if you can’t use your home after it is damaged.
- Liability coveragecan pay for legal fees if you are at fault for accidentally causing the fire.
Unfortunately, getting the coverage that you want and getting the coverage you can afford don’t always line up. There are a few ways you can reduce the cost of your home or renters insurance. One is by
comparing insurance policiesto find the best possible rates (more on this later)—another is to install a fire protection system in your home.
Insurance premiums are calculated based on the level of risk of your home. Therefore, the more comprehensive your fire protection system is, the lower your risk of fire damage becomes. Most insurance companies will offer discounts to homeowners that have fire protection systems like:
- Fire alarms that contact emergency services to shorten response time
- Sprinkler systems that can reduce the extent of fire damage
- Using fire-resistant materials to build your home
- Smoke detectors and/or fire extinguishers so you can take action
Each company will offer different discounts, and sometimes they won’t advertise the discounts they offer, so be sure to check with your insurance provider to see what's available. Or use
Jerryto compare multiple policies side by side.
How to save money on homeowners insurance
Jerry pulls policies from the nation’s top insurance providers to find you the insurance you need. The app makes it so easy that you can sign up for a new policy and cancel your old one without filling out any complicated paperwork or speaking with a sales representative.
In the app, you can also explore discount options available like discounts for having fire prevention systems in place, choosing paperless billing, or paying your insurance upfront.
Compare auto insurance policies
No spam or unwanted phone calls · No long forms · No fees, ever