What is the best driving route from NJ to Florida?
I live in New Jersey and my family and I will be driving down to Florida for two weeks in July. We have two kids under 10 and would love to check out some of the attractions on the drive. What’s the best driving route from New Jersey to Florida?
Answer provided by
The route between New Jersey and Florida is filled with exciting stops for all ages, but the best route from NJ to Florida is along I-95 S. The journey will take you across 1,182 miles over a period of 18 hours and 40 minutes without stops or traffic.
En route, here are some great cities to stop in:
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Reading Terminal Market, Independence Hall
- Baltimore, Maryland: Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, Sagamore Spirit Distillery, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, National Aquarium
- Washington, DC: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of African American History and Culture, U.S. Capitol
- Richmond, Virginia: Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Virginia Capitol Building, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Charleston, South Carolina: Fort Sumter National Monument, Folly Beach, South Carolina Aquarium, Rainbow Row
- Jacksonville, Florida: Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens, Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary, The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, Little Talbot Island, Big Talbot Island
- Orlando, Florida: Disney World, Universal Studios, Old Town, Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
Sitting behind the wheel of a car for 18 hours can be exhausting, but finding a car insurance policy that keeps you protected on your road trip should be quick and easy—and with the Jerry app, it can be.
Jerry is your personal pocket broker that searches through quotes from over 50 top insurers to get you the best coverage at the most affordable rate. That way, you can focus on planning your itinerary, not finding cheap coverage that offers roadside assistance. By shopping with Jerry, you could save more than $800 a year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
What others are asking
What is the 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 HD's oil type?
I drive an old pickup truck and I want to start changing the oil myself to save some money. What kind of oil will I need?
Jul 05, 2022
How old do you need to be to rent a car in Indiana?
I’m heading to Indianapolis for the Indy 500 next year. However, I’ll have some extra time before the race, so I want to rent a car to explore the surrounding area. What age do you need to be to rent a car in Indiana?
Jul 04, 2022
What is new on the 2023 Toyota Camry Hybrid?
I’m finally sold on going green after experiencing severe drought where I live. My town doesn’t have the infrastructure for EVs, so I’m going to buy a hybrid. Is there anything new on the 2023 Toyota Camry Hybrid?
Jul 05, 2022