The Honda CR-V Packs a Surprising Amount of Room Into a Compact SUV
Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No long forms · No spam · No fees
The Honda CR-V is one of Honda Motor Company’s most popular models. It has been in production since 1997, and Honda has sold more than 8 million units worldwide.
The Honda CR-V packs a surprising amount of room into its compact SUV design. It seats five people comfortably and still provides a good bit of storage space.
While some might presume that sticking with the “compact” moniker would cause it to lack space, Honda has done a fantastic job providing maximum passenger comfort and cargo capacity with the new model.
The Honda CR-V packs a surprising amount of room into its compact SUV design.
How much space does the Honda CR-V offer?
Consumer Reports placed the Honda CR-V at the top as the roomiest and most comfortable compact SUV.
It has 39.2 cubic feet of space behind the rear seat. It can expand to 75.8 cubic feet when you fold down both seats flat, offering lots of room for your belongings, while keeping up with fuel efficiency standards at 28 miles per gallon.
The front seating area provides 41.3 inches of legroom and 40.4 inches backseat legroom, making it comfortable on long trips or just easy access around town.
What types of Honda CR-Vs are available?
The Honda CR-V comes in four trims: LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring. All models come standard with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine paired to continuously variable transmission, or CVT (which provides smooth power delivery, according to the Auto Care Association).
Additionally, there’s an available new generation of Honda Sensing suite of safety features (standard for higher trims) on all trim levels, which includes forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking and lane-keeping assist system.
Honda CR-V engine performance
The Honda CR-V comes with a 1.5 L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers 190 horsepower and 179-pound feet torque to move you around town or through that long commute home from work with ease.
Honda’s Real Time AWD system offers superior performance on less than ideal road conditions. The “Real Time AWD” system is standard on the Honda CR-V equipped with its CVT. This enables both front and rear wheels to receive torque from the engine at all times, maximizing grip levels by sending power not only to one or the other but to both simultaneously.
Honda CR-V safety features
Every Honda CR-V comes equipped with Honda’s excellent suite of Honda Sensing technologies to enhance your Honda CR-V driving experience. This valuable package of driver-assistive and safety features includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Mitigation Braking System.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW).
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS).
- Road Departure Mitigation Steering Assist (RDMSA) system.
- Forward Collision Warning system.
Pros and cons of the Honda CR-V
Some pros of the Honda CR-V include:
- Excellent seating space with outstanding legroom.
- The Honda CR-V provides great fuel economy. It is EPA-certified at 28 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway.
- Lots of technology features such as Honda Sensing, Honda LaneWatch, and Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System standard on Touring model.
- Spacious interior holds five people comfortably with 39.2 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the rear seats and an impressive 75.8 cubic feet with both back rows folded flat.
- Excellent driving dynamics: Honda CR-V comes with Honda’s i-MMD (Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive) intelligent all-wheel-drive system for superior driving dynamics and efficiency on a wide variety of surfaces.
Some cons are:
- Few standard infotainment features.
- Smaller dimensions compared to competitors like Toyota Fortuner.
- Frustrating touch-screen controls.
Insure your Honda CR-V with Jerry
The Honda CR-V is one of the best compact SUVs on the market today. It has set Honda apart in the compact SUV market, featuring a stylish exterior design with enough room for five people and their cargo.
After acquiring your Honda CR-V, it’s essential to insure it against accidents and damages. However, finding the right insurance can be challenging. Jerry can make it easy and quick to get great personalized insurance for your Honda CR-V.
Jerry will help you compare over 45 companies’ quotes, even letting you cancel or move your insurance. Download Jerry today to get started.