How do I register my car in Texas from out of state?
Can I register my out-of-state vehicle online in Texas? I’m moving to Texas in four months to live with my girlfriend. I plan on driving there, and to prepare for my residency, I will need to register my vehicle. I’m not entirely sure where to begin with this registration process.
- Proof of inspection (vehicle inspection report)
- Proof of liability insurance (meeting state of Texas minimum requirements)
- Vehicle odometer report (double-check with your county if this is required)
- Proof of sales tax payment
- Printed and filled out application for Texas title and registration
- Registration fee (base fee is $50.75 for passenger vehicles and light trucks)
- Title application fee between $28–33, depending on the county
- State portion of vehicle inspection fee, which can be up to $30.75
- Local county fees, priced up to $31.50
- 6.25% vehicle sales tax
- $1 insurance verification fee
- $4.75 processing and handling fee