Will police departments jumpstart vehicles?

Will the police help me if I call and ask for a jump? I have an old battery and I'm fully ready for it to break down on the highway soon.

Answer provided by
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 22, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.
“The police department in your respective county is probably not the best source to call when you’re stranded on a dead battery.
Instead, you may consider signing up for AAA, which will automatically enroll you in their popular Roadside Assistance program. Depending on what level of membership you select, AAA will perform roadside assistance for free or a modest fee.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies