Will my insurance company cover a damaged convertible top?

I have a convertible that's started to leak from damage due to heavy snow. Will my comprehensive coverage pay for these damages?

“If you have comprehensive coverage, your insurance might pay for the top. Because the damage was caused by an “”act of God,”” or weather, and not by normal wear and tear, your insurer will probably pay for repairs.
If it was caused by normal wear and tear, you wouldn’t be covered and would have to rely on an extended warranty or pay out of pocket.”
Eric Schad
Answered on Apr 13, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free