Will comprehensive insurance cover a small leak that's forming in the roof of my convertible?

"The roof has worn down over time and now it's tearing at the top. Will my comprehensive insurance cover this? If not, what are my options?"

Answer provided by
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 27, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.
Comprehensive car insurance is designed to protect your vehicle when it’s damaged by something other than another human driver—like vandalism, fire, or fallen objects.
Unfortunately, comprehensive coverage does not extend to routine repairs, such as replacing parts of your car that have worn down simply due to time. You will be responsible for the cost of this type of maintenance on your own.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies