Why won't Progressive get back to me about an accident?

"What should I do if insurance won't get back to me? I was in an accident with a driver who has Progressive. I keep calling the claim adjuster and they aren't getting back to me and it's been a few weeks.

I need my vehicle fixed, but I don't want to pay my full coverage deductible."

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on Jul 27, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.
“If you’re having trouble reaching the claim adjuster, you should also reach out to your car insurance. They may be able to get in touch with someone at the company or your claim adjuster.
If you still aren’t able to get in touch with someone, you may need to file a claim with your own insurance. Although it’s unfortunate that you’d have to pay your collision car insurance deductible for an accident you didn’t cause, it may be the only way to get your vehicle fixed right now.
If you do submit a claim with your insurance, they’ll seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver’s insurance. This means they may be able to reimburse you for your collision deductible.
Without going through your insurance company, you may need to hire a lawyer to get what you’re owed.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies

Compare Car Insurance for Your State