Why can't I have both collision and uninsured motorist property damage coverage on my policy?
Which one is better to have: uninsured or collision coverage? My vehicle is a 2012 Dodge Ram pickup truck. I still have collision coverage and was thinking about adding uninsured motorist property damage but was told that you couldn't have both coverages at the same time in.
Answer provided by
- cost more since it is the coverage that is more likely to be used
- payout in the event of an accident with an uninsured vehicle, an accident you are found at fault in, and a hit and run
- be subject to the deductible that is listed on the declarations page of your policy
- a much lower cost, with a preset limit chosen (in some states, it is $3,500, and in others, you can select up to $25,000)
- a lower deductible for this coverage, usually around $300
- only paid if it is proven that the other driver did not have insurance