Who should I call if I need to jump start my car?

I'm a 20-year-old woman and I don't feel comfortable asking strangers for help with my vehicle. Hypothetically, who should I call if I need to jump start my vehicle?

“Your best bet is to get a AAA membership for $59 a year or add towing and labor coverage to your car insurance policy.
You could also use Jerry, which offers a roadside assistance membership through Urgently. For $50 a year, you are covered for jump starts along with a variety of other coverages. They’ll even help pay for an Uber if your car breaks down or you needs to be towed.
If you don’t want a membership, you could also call a local towing company, although they might charge you $100 or more.
If you’re in a situation where you feel unsafe or threatened, you can also call 911. At the very least, a police officer could stay with you until the technician or tow truck arrives.”
Eric Schad
Answered on Aug 02, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free