Which Lincoln MKZ models have recalls?
I’ve been thinking about purchasing a used Lincoln MKZ, but I like to avoid recalled model years when I can. Do you know which Lincoln MKZ models have been recalled?
Katherine Duffy · Answered on Feb 10, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
We totally understand—recalled cars with unresolved problems can be dangerous on the road, so it’s important to make sure that if your new purchase has been recalled in the past, the issue has been resolved and the car is safe to drive.
The Lincoln MKZ is not immune to recalls and has had quite a few. Look out for these Lincoln MKZ recalls when buying your next car.
- 2014-2018 MKZ: Recalled due to a loose steering wheel retaining bolt, which may cause the steering wheel to detach while driving.
- 2017 MKZ: Recalled because the torque converter weld studs for the six-speed automatic transmission may have been inadequately welded.
- 2014-2015 MKZ: Recalled in warm-weathered states because of a brake pedal vulnerable to hot temperatures and salt air, which causes the pedal bumper to corrode and separate from the brake pedal.
- 2013-2014 MKZ: Recalled because faulty door latches make it difficult to securely close the driver and passenger doors.
- 2006-2012 MKZ: Recalled due to the risk of the driver’s side airbag inflator exploding from high temperatures.
Even if the Lincoln MKZ you’re considering doesn’t show up on this list, ask the owner or used car dealership if the car has ever been recalled and if the problem has been resolved.
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
Does Alfa offer gap insurance?
I recently purchased a brand new car for my daughter’s birthday, but I’m worried about the financial loss I may face if her car is totaled or stolen. I’ve heard that gap insurance can help. Do you know if Alfa has gap insurance?
Feb 10, 2023
Does Erie offer classic car insurance?
I just bought the classic car I’ve been hunting down for years, so I want to ensure I protect it with great classic car insurance. I’ve heard good things about Erie. Do you know if Erie offers classic car insurance?
Feb 10, 2023
Does Esurance offer classic car insurance?
I’ve just started collecting classic cars and I need to protect my first investment with classic car insurance. Any idea if Esurance offers classic car insurance?
Feb 10, 2023
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
2011 BMW Z4 0-60 Time
With the standard 3.0L engine, a 2011 Z4 can go from 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds, but the twin-turbocharged version cuts it down to 4.7 seconds.
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies