Where was Subaru founded?
I love learning about the history of automakers since it tells the story of the brand. I’m also interested in buying a Subaru. Would you be able to tell me when and where Subaru was founded?
Tiffany Leung · Answered on Sep 30, 2022
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Subaru was founded in Tokyo, Japan on July 15, 1953. Its global headquarters is located in Shibuya while the main manufacturing plant is in the city of Ota, just north of Tokyo.
Before you buy a Subaru, we have a few tips to help you find the best model for you:
- Determine your needs, wants, and lifestyle: this will help you narrow down the type of vehicle (e.g., if you want to take the car to the track, you would look at sports car options)
- Evaluate your monthly vehicle budget: ideally, you should only spend a maximum of 10–15% of your income on car payments
- Compare models and brands: you may find that an equivalent model from another brand has a better value
- Research dealerships: you’ll want to go somewhere that has the best service since you’ll be dealing with them for at least a few years
- Take vehicles out for a test drive: a model can be perfect on paper but you may not like the driving experience
- Negotiate the price or ask for free upgrades/accessories: this will maximize the value you are getting from your purchase
No matter what brand or model you get, new car insurance is needed. Fortunately, you can use the Jerry app for a quick and easy shopping process.
Jerry is the best way to find great coverage and lower your Subaru insurance cost. Just answer some questions and Jerry will find the most competitive quotes from our pool of 55+ top insurance providers. If you find a policy you like, you can even switch to it through the app.
The average Jerry user saves over $800 a year on car insurance!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
How can static electricity be used for painting cars?
At the repair shop the other day, one of the technicians mentioned something to another customer about static electricity being used to paint cars. What kind of a process is this? Is that even a thing?
Mar 25, 2022
What does Travelers home insurance cover?
I’m shopping around for a new homeowners insurance policy, and I'm trying to compare coverage across insurers. What does Travelers home insurance cover?
Feb 25, 2022
How much does a 2007 BMW 328i turbo kit cost?
My boyfriend has been talking about adding a turbo kit for what feels like forever, so I’m considering getting him one for his upcoming birthday. How much does a 2007 BMW 328i turbo kit cost?
Aug 31, 2022
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
The Sordid Tale of YouTuber WhistlinDiesel, Jet Ski Menace
A popular YouTuber with a penchant for cars and trucks had a recent run-in with the law. Here’s what’s going on in the WhistlinDiesel lawsuit.
Lincoln Paint Code
Your Lincoln’s two-digit—one number and one letter—paint code will be on the driver’s side door jamb or door edge.