Where do I get non-owner car insurance so I can drive my parents' cars?

"I keep driving my parents' cars, but they want me to get non-owner car insurance so I'm covered. We live in Michigan and I'm worried about the cost."

“In this case, it doesn’t sound like non-owners car insurance, which is designed to protect people who drive others’ cars infrequently, is your best option.
If you live with your parents and you drive their cars regularly, you need to be added to their insurance policy or policies as a registered driver. If you’re on your parents plan, it’s likely it will cost less than trying to get insurance on your own.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 27, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store