Where can you get temporary car insurance?

I recently moved to the US and need temporary car insurance for three months. Is there a company that offers temporary car insurance?

“It’s standard for most carriers to offer six- to 12-month policy terms. Although some carriers do offer temporary car insurance, it may be difficult to find one that’s reputable.
You should comparison shop to find out which carriers offer temporary policies. If you have an international license, you’ll also need to find a carrier that will accept it. Progressive is one carrier that does accept international licenses.
If you aren’t able to find a carrier that offers a three-month policy with an international license, you may have to agree to a six-month term. You are typically able to cancel policies mid-term without any consequences.
Be sure to read the policy’s terms and conditions to ensure you won’t be charged additional fees if you cancel early. “
Emily Maracle
Answered on Apr 30, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies