Where can I get gap insurance?

I'd like to get gap insurance, but I don't know who or where to get it from. Is there a specific company I have to buy from? What are my options?

“Several options are available if you’d like to get gap insurance.
If you are currently purchasing a vehicle, see if your car dealer or lender offers it. Typically the cost would be rolled directly into your loan, but you can also pay up front. Typical costs range from $300 to $500 and it’s a flat fee.
You may also be able to find gap insurance with a car insurance company. Many companies offer some form of gap insurance at a lower cost than what a dealer or lender may offer, usually around $20 to $40 per year or a few dollars a month.
To see what your options are, shop around. Download the Jerry app to compare rates from over 50 top insurance companies.”
Emily Maracle
Answered on Aug 16, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free