What's the GEICO military discount?
If I'm in the military, will I get a discount if I buy car insurance from GEICO?
Answer provided by
The GEICO military discount is up to 15% off for eligible customers nationwide. This discount applies to active-duty or retired military members, members of the National Guard, or Reserve.
If you’re not in the military, GEICO has a generous list of discounts that can reduce your cost by 3 to 26%. Below are the most significant discounts you may qualify for:
- Airbag discount — save up to 23% if your vehicle has airbags
- Anti-theft device discount — save up to 23% if your vehicle has a built-in anti-theft system
- New vehicle discount — save up to 15% if your vehicle is three model years old or newer
- Emergency deployment discount — save up to 25% if you are part of an emergency deployment to an imminent danger zone
- Federal employee discount — save up to 12% with the Eagle Discount
- Good driver discount — save up to 22% if your driving record is five years accident-free
- Good student discount — save up to 15% if you are a full-time student with good grades
- Multi-vehicle discount — save up to 25% if you have more than one car insured with GEICO
To avoid paying for insurance that you won’t be using, always assess your coverage needs before approaching a provider. This will also be helpful if you’re comparing policies from multiple insurance companies.
If you don’t want to put in the leg work, Jerry, the car insurance super app, can do it for you. Jerry is the easiest and most effective way to find customized car insurance policies at the best rates. After inputting your information, you can choose from a list of the most competitive quotes right in the app. The average Jerry user saves over $800 a year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Browse More Content
What others are asking
What are some Hagerty discounts on car insurance?
I have a classic car, but my insurance coverage is a tad higher than I would like. Another classic car enthusiast in an online forum told me to switch to Hagerty. Does Hagerty offer any additional discounts on car insurance?
Jul 04, 2022
What is the 2019 Honda Civic Sport’s oil type?
My husband just got laid off from his job, so we want to save money however we can until he finds a new position. I think I’m going to change the oil in our Civic Sport, but I don’t know what type of oil to buy. What’s the oil type for a 2019 Honda Civic Sport?
Jul 04, 2022
How old do you need to be to rent a car in Utah?
I want to visit all of the national parks in Utah. They’re pretty remote, so I’m going to fly to Salt Lake City and rent a car. I’m just worried that I won’t be able to rent a car because I’m only 21—in Utah, how old do you need to be to rent a car?
Jul 04, 2022