What’s the best route from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
Should I plan a one-day drive from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park, or will I need to stop overnight along the way? I’m not sure how close I am to Yosemite, but I’ve always wanted to visit so I’m trying to plan a trip. What’s the best route to Yosemite from San Francisco?
Answer provided by
- Leave San Francisco via I-80 E toward Bay Brg/Oakland.
- Exit onto I-580 E, then continue onto I-580.
- Continue onto I-205 E and follow signs for Interstate 205/Tracy/Stockton.
- Merge onto I-5 N for about a mile, then exit for CA-120 E.
- Turn left onto CA-108 E/CA-120 E/E F St.
- Turn right onto CA-120 E.
- Continue onto Big Oak Flat Rd, which will take you to the entrance to the park.