What type of insurance do you need if you are running a car wash?

I want to start a car wash business. I'm assuming I'll need liability insurance, but I'm not sure what other coverage I'll need.

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on May 07, 2021
“When you’re looking to insure a business, you’ll need different types of insurance compared to what personal auto policies offer.
If you are currently insured, you should reach out to your carrier. You can find out if they offer commercial or business policies. They’ll also be able to detail the types of coverage they offer and what would be best for the business you’ll be running.
The coverages available often cover general liability, as well as property damage, for set amounts. If you have employees, you’d also be able to get coverage for workers’ compensation and any work-related accidents.
Most major carriers offer business and commercial policies, including Progressive and Nationwide. To ensure you’re getting the best rates, be sure to shop around and compare coverages and prices.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies