What type of home insurance policy covers expensive items in your home?

I just bought a big-screen TV for $4,000. I just want to make sure it's covered by my home insurance policy. What type of home insurance will cover this policy?

“Movie nights are about to be incredible at your house!
If you want to cover electronics or other assets in your home, your insurance may already cover it.
Most home insurance policies include personal property coverage up to a certain amount. If a covered peril damages your personal property, your insurance will pay to replace it.
However, you’ll want to talk with an agent to ensure you have coverage. If not, they can find the best way to cover these items.
In other cases, you may need to add blanket coverage or an individual floater for these items.
Contacting an insurance agent will give you the best idea of how to cover these items. You can also text Jerry to get help you find the coverage you want for the best price.”
Eric Schad
Answered on Aug 13, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free