What type of car insurance do I need if I'm transporting medical clients to appointments?

My partner has an uninsured car. However, I want to use the car for a new job transporting medical clients/patients to their appointments. What type of car insurance do we need, and how should I insure the vehicle?

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on May 04, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“If your partner is listed on the title, they’ll have to take out the car insurance policy. Keep in mind that because you didn’t have insurance on the car previously, the coverage has lapsed. This means you’re going to be paying higher rates, especially for the first six months of the policy.
If you’re going to use the car for work or a business, that’s also going to cost more. You’ll need to insure the vehicle with a commercial policy or business endorsement. Most carriers won’t cover claims that are the result of business activity under a standard personal auto policy.
Consider signing up with Jerry to compare insurance rates and find the best price for your needs and budget. “

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies