What type of car insurance do I need as a driver for Postmates?

I want to apply to Postmates to earn some extra cash. What type of insurance do I need as a driver?

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Apr 23, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“If you want to drive for Postmates, you’re required to have the state-minimum liability insurance on your vehicle.
If you’re in the process of delivering an order and you get in an accident, Postmates will provide up to $1 million in liability coverage for both bodily injury and property damage to the other person. However, it provides no insurance for damage to your vehicle.
If you want to drive for them, you should ask your insurance company about getting a delivery driver insurance add-on. This will likely only cost a few extra dollars a month and provide more adequate protection.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies