What should I do if I locked my keys in my Ford Fiesta at work?

I can't leave my car here and I don't want to pay a locksmith to come help. What can I do?

“If you want to avoid paying out-of-pocket costs for a locksmith, the first step would be to get in touch with your car insurance company.
If you have roadside assistance on your policy, it may include lockout services and towing expenses.
If you have a AAA membership, roadside assistance is included with it.
With AAA, a roadside technician will attempt to open your car. If they can’t unlock it, they’ll tow your vehicle to a place of your choosing.
Should you have a spare key, you can see if a friend or family member could bring it to you.
If none of these options work, you will likely need to call a tow truck or a locksmith.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 23, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.