What should I do if I get into an accident with a leased Toyota Sienna?

I am leasing a Toyota Sienna and it was hit in a parking lot. My insurance carrier is MetLife and I also have gap insurance. Who should I contact?

May 03, 2021
Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered at May 03, 2021
“You should first contact your car insurance carrier. MetLife will be able to begin the claims process for you as long as you have collision coverage on your vehicle.
Should the damage be bad enough that your vehicle is deemed a total loss, you will need to reach out to your gap insurance company. If your car insurance payout does not cover the cost of your lease, your gap insurance should cover the difference. “
Gap InsuranceToyotaCar Insurance

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies