What national parks are in Arizona?
This summer, I’m visiting family in Arizona and would love to explore the state. I’m a big fan of the outdoors—what national parks are there to check out?
Answer provided by
There are plenty of national parks all over the country, and there’s no shortage of them in Arizona—in fact, there are 22 national parks in Arizona. Here’s a list of the five best national parks in the state:
- Grand Canyon: The most well-known of all the parks in Arizona, the Grand Canyon showcases some incredible displays of colorful rocks and unique rock formations
- Saguaro National Park: Check out the eastern section of the park—there’s a beautiful, short scenic drive that takes you past some of the largest cacti, a fantastic lookout point, and the trailheads of a few short hiking trails.
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument: Observe the natural beauty of the canyon and the ancient cliff dwellings high up in the walls. It’s assumed that humans have lived in the area for over 4,000 years.
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument: Located in the far south of Arizona along the Mexican border, this is one of the more unique national monuments in the country—and one of the best places to see the undisturbed Sonoran Desert.
- Petrified Forest National Park: Get a glimpse of what plants and animals lived over 200 million years ago during the Triassic Period. This park is home to one of the earliest fossils—the petrified trees.
If you want to check out some of the others, here are some ideas:
- Sunset Crater National Monument
- Wupatki National Monument
- Walnut Canyon National Monument
- Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Chiricahua National Monument
Trekking through the deserts of Arizona in one of the many national parks may not be the easiest task, but did you know that finding affordable car insurance is? You can access the most affordable rates in seconds when you shop with the top-rated car insurance app, Jerry.
Just download the app, answer a few questions, and search through the most competitive quotes from over 55 top insurance providers. Once you find the right policy, Jerry can help you finalize the details and cancel your existing policy.
It’s the easiest way to save money and time on car insurance—and just by shopping with Jerry, you could save more than $800 a year on car insurance! That’s more than enough to cover a pass for all of the national parks in the country!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How much electricity does a Tesla use?
I’ve been researching different electric cars to buy, but I keep coming back to the Tesla. I love the technology and countless safety features. And I’m not going to lie, it just looks plain cool. I know they have a great range, but I’m wondering how much electricity a Tesla uses?
May 17, 2022
How do you renew a driver's license in Illinois?
I’ll be traveling next month, but my Illinois license will expire while I’m away. How do I renew it so it’s valid for the duration of my trip?
May 17, 2022
What national parks are in Washington State?
I moved to Spokane for a job about a year ago. I’m still getting settled to some degree, but I’m ready to explore the great outdoors of Washington. What are the national parks in Washington State?
May 17, 2022