What kind of insurance coverage should I get for a motorcycle like a Kawasaki?

I'm considering getting medical payments and bodily injury. I think I'm going to skip uninsured motorist coverage and just have higher medical payments coverage.

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on May 18, 2021
“It’s good that you’re thinking of getting bodily injury liability and medical payments coverage, but you should also get uninsured motorist coverage if you can afford it.
If you’re at fault in an accident, you’ll want to make sure that your bodily injury liability coverage is high enough to protect any assets you may have. If the other driver is injured and their medical bills exceed your policy limits, you will be required to pay out of pocket for any additional expenses.
Medical payment coverage covers you, regardless of fault, if you’re injured in an accident. It can provide primary coverage before your health insurance kicks in. This will often cover your copay or deductibles with your health insurance plan.
As you’re more likely to be injured on a motorcycle than in a car, you should be carrying a higher coverage limit on uninsured motorist coverage. If you’re injured in an accident with an at-fault, uninsured driver, your insurance will cover your injuries.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies