What kind of insurance coverage do I need on a second car that's parked on the street?

I have a vehicle I don't use that I park on my street. The car I use every day gets parked in my garage. What kind of coverage do I need for the vehicle on the street?

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on May 07, 2021
“Any vehicle that is registered to be operated on the road needs to have the minimum insurance required by your state. This inclues liability coverage.
You should also consider adding both collision coverage and comprehensive coverage to your policy. If any damage should occur to your vehicle while it’s parked, either one of these would provide coverage depending on the situation. “

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies