What kind of car insurance should a caretaker get?

I look after a woman in her 70s who can't drive but owns a car. As her caretaker, I drive her around in this car. How should I be insured in this situation?

Answer provided by
Carol Chung
Answered on Apr 19, 2021
“You should purchase the car insurance as the driver of the vehicle. You can add the owner as an additional interest, which simply means they’re financially invested in the car.
The owner will also probably need to be listed as an excluded driver on the policy. This means she can’t drive the car and she won’t be covered by your insurance.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies