What is the top speed of the Dodge Charger R/T?
My car club is planning to go to an open track day at a nearby racetrack. I’m pretty psyched since I’ve never driven that fast before, but I realized I have no idea what my car is actually capable of. What is the top speed of the Dodge Charger R/T?
Answer provided by
The Dodge Charger R/T can go from 0 to 60 in just 5.2 seconds, reaching a top speed of 155 miles per hour.
Track days can be super fun, but they can also be a little overwhelming when you’re new. Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Before you head to the track, make sure your car’s maintenance is up to date. Get your oil and brake fluid changed and make sure your tires are in good condition.
- Secure personal belongings inside the glovebox or trunk. You don’t want to deal with an unexpected flying object while you’re taking a turn at a high speed!
- Arrive at the track with as little gas in your tank as possible. The racetrack will have a fuel pump with race gas available for better performance.
- Let your car idle between laps to prevent overheating.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! These events usually attract drivers of varying skill levels and often include an optional performance driving lesson before you start.
Keep in mind that your regular car insurance won’t cover damage that happens to cars on the racetrack, so you’ll need to add special track day insurance to protect your vehicle in the event that it’s damaged on the track.
Track day insurance isn’t cheap, but you can offset the cost by getting a lower rate on your car insurance with Jerry. Just download the app to get competitive quotes from top providers in less than a minute. Jerry gathers your information from your past insurer, so you’re not responsible for any long forms or phone calls.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How many wheels does a fire truck have?
My daughter is obsessed with fire trucks right now and I’m planning to make a fire truck cake for her birthday, but I’m not sure how many wheels they have. Do fire trucks have a lot of wheels?
Jun 08, 2022
What is the top speed of the Chevrolet Trailblazer?
My friend keeps saying that my new Chevrolet Trailblazer is slow. Speed isn’t all that important to me, but it’d be fun to prove him wrong. What is the top speed of the Chevrolet Trailblazer?
Jun 08, 2022
What’s the Kia Forte EX’s top speed?
I’m thinking about buying a Kia Forte EX, but I want at least a little pep in my ride. What’s the top speed of the Kia Forte EX?
Jun 08, 2022