What is the best year for a used Mercedes E-Class?
I’m looking to add a luxury sedan to my garage, and I’ve never owned a Mercedes before. I’m thinking it’s time to change that. What is the best year for a used Mercedes E-Class?
Shannon Fitzgerald · Answered on Jan 10, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
If you’ve got the funds, why not bring home a used Mercedes?
The best year for a used Mercedes E-Class ultimately comes down to your style and performance preferences. However, the following models are frequent favorites amongst Mercedes fans:
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan: Top scores in reliability and safety from U.S. News, the 2012 E-Class sedan packs a powerful V8 and an opulent interior into one smooth, luxury ride.
- 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon: It’s not a sedan, but the E-class wagon of this year brings a sharp design, V8 engine option, and a fuel-efficient turbo-diesel engine to the table.
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 400E Sedan: Many Mercedes enthusiasts swear by the E-Class’ early W124 era for reliability. The 1992 400E sedan will not only deliver on that durability, but it also has a powerful V8 performance and features like auto AC and cruise control that you’d find in more modern models.
- 2009 Mercedes Benz E-Class: Equipped with an option for BlueTec turbodiesel, as well as rear and all-wheel drive, the 2009 E-Class has all the luxury versatility you’d expect in a Mercedes with options for modern features like heated front seats, GPS, and a push-start button.
- 2018 Mercedez-Benz E-Class: If you want to get as close to a brand new E-class model without the new car price tag, you can enjoy tech like touch-sensitive steering, automated parking, and head-up display in well-equipped 2018 models.
No matter which E-Class you go for, make sure that you give any used car you’re interested in a good inspection before you put down any money. No one wants to end up buying a used car that’s a lemon!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
What is the best year for a used Lincoln MKX?
I’m comparing some used Lincoln MKX in my area, but I want to make sure I don’t get an unreliable one. What are the best years for a used Lincoln MKX?
Jan 10, 2023
What are the best snow chains for a Toyota Camry?
I’m driving up north to visit my sister over the holidays, but I’m worried about all of the snow where she lives. She suggested getting some snow chains, just to be safe. What snow chains should I get for a Toyota Camry?
Jan 10, 2023
How many BMW M8 models were made?
The BMW M8 is my ultimate dream car, but I barely ever see them. How many BMW M8s are there?
Jan 10, 2023
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
2021 Tesla Model Y Performance Review
The 2021 Tesla Model Y puts more storage space on a Model 3’s chassis and powertrain to create a powerhouse EV crossover SUV.