What is the best driving route from Florida to Washington state?
I just quit my job and want to go on a cross-country trip before I start looking for my next gig. What’s the best driving route from Florida to Washington state?
Answer provided by
Enjoy your cross-country trip!
- Get on I-4 E
- Take Florida’s Turnpike, I-75 N, I-24 W, I-57 N, and I-90 W to SD-34 W in North Lawrence
- Get on I-90 W/US-212 W/US-87 N in Crow Agency
- Follow I-90 W to Grant County
- Take Exit 151 from I-90 W
- Follow White Trail Road (WA-28 W) and US-2 W to Winton Rd in Chelan County
The total trip will be about 3,062 miles without detours, for a total driving time of 46 hours under typical traffic conditions.
Since this is a multi-day drive, we’ve also included some tips to help you prepare for your trip.
- Stay well rested — Split your trip into segments, such as by state, to give yourself time to explore and rest.
- Pack water and snacks — Some parts of your trip will be quite a long drive before you reach a stop.
- Book your car in for maintenance — Check your car to see if it needs tuning up and fill up any fluids and gas before leaving.
- Look up gas stations and rest stops — Prepare for any emergency and unscheduled stops.
- Prepare your favorite tunes — The most memorable trips are usually the ones where you can jam out to the best tracks.
Finally, make sure your car insurance coverage is sufficient. Having roadside assistance would be handy in case your car breaks down or gets a flat tire.
Checking your policy or making adjustments is simple with the help of Jerry, the top-rated car insurance super app in the App Store.
After downloading the app and signing up, Jerry will find you the best quotes from over 55 top-tier insurance providers. The average Jerry user saves over $800 a year on car insurance.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What is the best driving route from Los Angeles to Orlando?
My family and I are planning to hit up the theme parks in Orlando next fall, but we’re not too keen on flying. I know it’s a long trip, but what is the best driving route from Los Angeles to Orlando?
May 17, 2022
How bad is traffic on Interstate 65?
What are the busiest times of day for traffic on Interstate 65? I’ll have to take 65 to get to work starting next month and I want to know if my commute is going to be longer than anticipated.
May 17, 2022
What’s the best route from Ohio to Florida?
This summer, I want to drive down to Florida from Ohio to catch some waves and relax on the beach. What’s the best route to Florida if I want to maximize my time there?
May 17, 2022