What is the 2017 Hyundai Elantra’s oil type?
I just bought a used 2017 Hyundai Elantra and I doubt it’s had an oil change recently. I’ve been watching some videos on how to do an oil change myself and I want to give it a try, but the previous owner didn’t give me the car’s manual. What’s the oil type?
Answer provided by
- If your Elantra has the 1.4- or 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, you need 5W-30 oil
- If you have the 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, you should get 5W-20 motor oil
- Make sure you use a broom or leaf blower to clean debris away from the area where you’ll be working. You should be able to move in and out from under your car easily and set your floor jack on a level surface.
- Organize your supplies and keep them within reach. Of course, you’ll need new motor oil and a new filter—but you should also make sure you’ve got a wrench, drip pan, and a roll of paper towels to deal with accidental spills.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is within reach, in case you need to reference an online guide while you work. Have a pair of touchscreen gloves near your device, so you can keep your screen clean if your hands are covered in grease.