What is an Infiniti G35’s oil type?
I got a nice, used 2008 Infiniti G35 Coupe, but there’s no owner's manual. What kind of engine oil does the Infiniti G35 use?
Answer provided by
An Infiniti G35’s oil type is SAE 5W-30 oil. G35s had the same engine across the board for all model years and required the same engine oil type.
Before you top off your G35’s engine oil, though, make sure to follow these steps:
- Park on a level surface and set your emergency brake.
- Start the ignition and let the engine run until it reaches its normal operating temperature.
- Turn the ignition off and let it sit for 15 minutes—long enough for the oil to flow back into the oil pan.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a tissue or paper towel. Then put the dipstick back in, inserting it all the way.
- Remove the dipstick again and look for the oil line. It should be between the range marked 1.
- If the oil level is below the line marked 2 then you will need to take off the oil cap and add SAE 5W-30 oil.
- Check the oil level again to ensure it’s in the correct range.
Keeping your engine oil at the right level between changes will help your Infiniti in great shape. And comparing car insurance policies with the Jerry app can keep your budget in great shape, too!
Experts recommend shopping for car insurance every six months, because by comparing policies, you may find a better deal waiting around the corner. And Jerry is the easiest and fastest way to compare policies. It’s totally free to use, and the average Jerry user saves over $800 a year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Browse More Content
What others are asking
How many rest stops are there on I-75 South?
We’re taking a family vacation from Michigan all the way down to Florida. We’ll spend most of the time on I-75 South. How many rest stops are there on I-75 South between Michigan and Florida?
Jul 08, 2022
What is Allstate’s low-mileage discount?
We live right downtown, and we mostly drive on the weekends (very rarely on weekdays). I was thinking about asking for a lower insurance rate since we don’t drive much—does Allstate offer a low-mileage discount?
Mary Alice Morris
Jul 08, 2022
What’s the required 2016 Acura ILX oil type?
I’ve never changed my own oil before, but with how expensive everything is getting, I decided I’m going to just give it a go. What’s the required 2016 Acura ILX oil type?
Jul 08, 2022