What is a HomeSaver policy?

What does a HomeSaver policy do? Is it the same as home insurance? I am looking for homeowners insurance for my home and came across it.

Answer provided by
Emily Maracle
Answered on Jul 19, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.
“A HomeSaver policy is a speciality product from Travelers. This policy provides coverage for landlords and their rental properties.
While it is a type of homeowners insurance, it serves a completely different purpose as rental properties require specific types of insurance and coverages.
Since you are looking for homeowners insurance for your own home, you would need a different policy. Regular homeowners insurance has different liability limits and coverages, since you own the home and also live there.
If you’re interested in Travelers, they do offer standard HO-3 or homeowners policies.
You can request a quote online or reach out to an agent directly to find out what your rate may be. You’ll also be able to see what other coverages are available with their homeowners policies.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies