What happens if you drive with an out-of-state license in Wyoming?

Is it legal to keep an out-of-state license? I've been in school at the University of Wyoming for three years, but my driver's license is still from New Mexico, as is my insurance.

“Usually, as a student, you have special rules for driving out of state. If you have a valid license in your home state and you can still claim permanent resident status there, then you can drive legally in Wyoming as a temporary resident.
Car insurance sometimes also provides exceptions for students temporarily living out of state, depending on where your car is registered and with whom. Check with your provider for the details on your policy.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 28, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.