What do the dashboard warning lights in my Ford Mustang mean?
I recently purchased a 2015 Ford Mustang, but it’s the first Ford I’ve ever had and I want to make sure I know what the different dashboard warning lights indicate. What do the dashboard warning lights mean in my 2015 Ford Mustang?
Answer provided by
In general, the Ford Mustang dash lights have seven core warning lights on the dashboard that you should be familiar with—we’ll outline them below:
Ford Mustang warning lights:
- Low tire pressure: appearing as a yellow exclamation mark inside a u-shaped tire, this light warns of low tire pressure in one or more tires
- Engine coolant: shaped a bit like a red key coming out of waves, this light comes on when the engine is overheating
- Engine oil: shaped like a red oil can, this light warns of an immediate issue with your engine’s lubrication system—usually low oil
- Powertrain: this light appears as a yellow wrench and indicates an issue with the powertrain
- Battery: shaped like a red battery marked with - and +, the battery warning light indicates the battery is being drained by an electrical issue
- Airbag: designated by a red circle in front of someone wearing a seat-belt, the airbag warning light warns of an issue with the airbag system or seat-belt sensors
- ABS: appearing as a yellow circle containing the word ABS, this light indicates an issue with your vehicle’s anti-lock braking system
Make sure your Ford Mustang is protected by the right insurance policy using Jerry, the nation’s #1 licensed car insurance super app and broker. Simply download the app, fill out a short survey, and Jerry will start comparing dozens of competitive quotes from 50+ trusted insurance providers.
MORE: Ford Mustang V6
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How Much Does A Car Cover Cost For A Chevrolet Volt?
I’m worried about parking my Chevy Volt out on the street because we get a lot of nasty weather. I don’t have a garage, though, so I was thinking about getting a car cover. How much do those things usually cost? And do they actually help?
May 26, 2022
What is the interior of a Kia Soul ! like?
I’m in the market for a larger vehicle as my family is growing and I anticipate needing more room for sports gear and groceries in the coming years. I don’t want anything huge so I’m thinking about the Kia Soul !. Can you tell me what the interior of a Kia Soul ! is like?
May 26, 2022
Why aren’t the dash lights in my 2005 GMC Canyon working?
I drive a 2005 GMC Canyon and recently my dash lights have been flickering on and off, but now they won’t turn on at all—why aren’t the dash lights in my 2005 GMC Canyon working?
Andrew (Andy) Biro
May 26, 2022