What do the dash lights on my Toyota FJ Cruiser mean?
I recently started driving my dad’s Toyota Fj Cruiser to school and I’ve noticed the dashboard lighting up with different warnings. What do the dash warning lights on a Toyota FJ Cruiser mean?
Answer provided by
To stay safe on the road, review the following Toyota FJ Cruiser dash lights and their meanings:
- Engine Oil Level or Oil Pressure Warning Light Symbols: Oil temperature is too high, oil level is low, or oil pressure is too low. Stop driving immediately, turn the engine off, and add oil to the engine to bring the level up.
- Brake Warning Light symbols: Your brake fluid is low or your brake system is malfunctioning. Stop the vehicle immediately and contact your dealer.
- Power Steering Warning Light Symbols: Your power steering has failed. Stop driving as soon as possible and restart the engine.
- SRS Air Bag Warning Light Symbol: Indicates a malfunction with one of the airbags in the vehicle. Take your car to an authorized service center as soon as possible.
- Engine Warning Light Symbol: Can indicate a faulty electrical sensor or a larger mechanical issue.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Indicates tire inflation is down by 25% or more. Stop the vehicle in a safe place. If the light comes on after blinking for 1 minute, there is a malfunction in the tire pressure warning system. Keep your Toyota running smoothly with the #1 rated insurance app Jerry. Enter your information and you will be connected with customized quotes from the nation’s top providers in less than a minute! Jerry users save an average of $800 a year on car insurance alone!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What do the dash lights on my Toyota Highlander mean?
I’ve been driving my Toyota Highlander for a while, but recently I noticed more lights illuminating my dashboard than before. I lost the car’s manual a few months ago so I can’t check what the lights mean. What are the dash lights on my Toyota Highlander signaling?
Jun 03, 2022
How do I find out the size of my Dodge Charger hubcaps?
All of my hubcaps got stolen last week so I need to replace them. I’m not sure what size I should buy though. How can I tell what size hubcaps are on my Dodge Charger?
Jun 03, 2022
How do I find out the size of my Honda Fit hubcaps?
I think I want to switch out the hubcaps on my Honda Fit soon because they are pretty banged up. How do I tell what size hubcap I have?
Jun 03, 2022