What can I do if my auto insurance provider canceled my policy?

My insurance provider canceled my policy due to too many accidents on my record. What are my options?

“In most states, you are legally required to purchase a minimum level of car insurance, but if you are considered a high-risk driver, your rates won’t be cheap.
Some insurance providers, like GEICO and Progressive, specialize in insuring high-risk drivers. But if you are still denied coverage, you can contact your state’s Automobile Insurance Plan Service Office, which is required to provide you with an insurer of last resort. “
Sophie Newman
Answered on May 24, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free