What are the most unusual places to visit in Pennsylvania?
I have an Instagram account where I like to post pictures of weird roadside attractions from the different states I visit. Pennsylvania is next up on my list, but I’ve never been there before! What are some odd places to see?
Answer provided by
There are so many weird and wacky roadside attractions in Pennsylvania that narrowing them down was no easy task! Here are our top picks for the most unusual—and Instagram-worthy—places to visit in the Keystone State:
- Haines Shoe House—Hellam, PA. Sit down for some tasty ice cream inside this five-story building that’s shaped like a shoe.
- Mutter Museum—Philadelphia, PA. Learn about the history of the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases and conditions at this museum featuring displays of bones, organs, and medical equipment.
- Randyland—Pittsburgh, PA. Owned by artist Randy Gilson, this building and outdoor courtyard combo is considered one of the most colorful public artworks in the country.
- Trundle Manor—Swissvale, PA. A macabre art museum that calls itself “the most bizarre private collection on public display” features weird taxidermy, preserved animals in jars, antique weapons, medical devices, coffins, and more.
- The Coffee Pot—Bedford, PA. Originally a gas station luncheonette, this 18-foot-tall coffee pot is a great place for photos. Inside is a tiny historical museum.
Save money for some fun and funky Pennsylvania souvenirs by shopping for cheap car insurance with the Jerry app. It takes less than a minute to sign up, and you’ll be presented with competitive rates from dozens of top providers. Don’t overpay for your coverage—find savings with Jerry.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What is the Audi A4 oil type?
I bought a brand new Audi A4. It’s amazing thus far to the point where I don’t want anyone else to touch it, and I’m going to change the oil on my own. What type of oil do I need for an Audi A4?
Jun 22, 2022
What is the 2004 Saturn Ion’s oil type?
I bought a used 2004 Saturn Ion for $500. I don’t drive it all that much, but it seems like it burns oil quickly. Since I only spent $500, I’m not going to fix the cause of the problem; I’m just going to change the oil more frequently—what oil type do I need for a 2004 Saturn Ion?
Jun 22, 2022
What is the Jeep Wrangler oil type?
I finally checked something off my bucket list by buying a Jeep Wrangler. Fortunately, the clearance is high enough that I can easily change the oil. I’m just not sure what it needs. What type of oil does the Jeep Wrangler use?
Jun 22, 2022