What are the five most important safety features on a car?
I want to purchase a new car and safety is one of my main priorities. However, I don't want to dig through hundreds of safety features to compare each one, as I know many come standard on all cars or are required by law. What are the five most important safety features on a car that I should look for?
- Automatic emergency braking, which applies the brakes automatically when an object is detected ahead.
- Stability control to maintain control of the car in different weather scenarios.
- Adaptive headlights, which turn your high beams on and off when necessary.
- Lane Assist, which alerts you if you start to stray from your lane on the road.
- Adaptive cruise control, which can slow your car down even with cruise control engaged.