What are the best tires for a Mazda3 Hatchback?
My Mazda3 needs new tires, but I have no idea what to look for. What are the best tires for a Mazda3 Hatchback?
Answer provided by
Finding the best tires for your Mazda3 Hatchback will come down to various factors, like what driving conditions are typical for you and how much you want to spend. One of the most important factors will be tire size.
Your Mazda3 Hatchback’s owner’s manual should specify what size tires you need. As an example, the tire size of a 2018 Mazda3 Hatchback Sport is P205/60R16. Here’s a breakdown of what that means:
- The P means the tire is for passenger vehicles.
- The 205 means the tire is 205 millimeters wide.
- The 60 means the tire’s height is 60% of its width.
- The R means the tire’s inner layers lie radially.
- The 16 refers to its 16-inch diameter
Additionally, pay attention to a tire’s speed rating and load index to make sure they’ll be compatible with your Mazda3 Hatchback.
Finally, here are a few different tire types to consider for your Mazda3 Hatchback:
- All-season car tires: All-season tires are designed to have better traction for reliable handling year-round.
- Winter/snow car tires: You can swap your summer tires for these as fall and winter move in to prepare for winter driving conditions.
- Ultra-high performance (UHP) tires: Some UHP tires are designed for year-round use, while others are only for warm seasons. These tires can help improve traction and overall handling, but the tread on UHP tires may wear faster than some all-season tires.
If your Mazda3 Hatchback’s current car insurance policy isn’t gaining much traction, it’s probably time to replace it. With the Jerry app, you can quickly and easily shop for the best deals on the level of coverage you need from top insurance providers.
Getting started takes less than a minute, and Jerry users enjoy an average savings of $800+ per year on car insurance with this super app!
MORE: Car Loan for Mazda 2022
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What’s the best route from Florida to Massachusetts?
Unlike most families, we want to get out of Florida for the summer and explore New England for a change of scenery. We were thinking maybe Massachusetts. What would be the best route to get to Massachusetts from Florida by car?
Ethan Daniel Moser
May 20, 2022
What’s the best route from Miami to Tampa?
How long will it take me to drive from Miami to Tampa? Is it a reasonable commute for a job that meets in person twice a week at most, or should I look in other areas closer to me?
May 20, 2022
How much does an OEM Cadillac STS catalytic converter cost?
I need a new Cadillac STS catalytic converter, but the prices vary quite a bit. How much is an OEM model, and do I really need one?
May 20, 2022