What are the best things to do in New Orleans?
I’m planning to go on a road trip to New Orleans to visit my sister! She’ll be working during the day, so I’ll be exploring on my own. It’ll be my first time there. What are the best things to do in NOLA?
Answer provided by
We hope you have an amazing visit with your sister!
Here are some of the best things to do in New Orleans:
- Mardi Gras: Mardis Gras (Fat Tuesday) is always the day before Ash Wednesday. If you plan to attend the colorful festivities, visitors often arrive no later than the Saturday prior to Mardi Gras.
- French Quarter: This is the city’s oldest neighborhood and a must-see on your New Orleans trip. Enjoy the architecture, history, and wealth of food and music. Specifically, stop by Cafe du Monde for their infamous beignets.
- National WWII Museum: Visit this world-class complex to see actual planes, jeeps, and Higgins Boats. Learn more about the stories of the WWII era as well.
- Magazine Street: If you love shopping, art galleries, and friendly local businesses, Magazine Street will be right up your alley.
- Algiers Ferry: Board the Algiers Ferry for the best views of the city and feel the Mississippi River’s power. Explore the quaint neighborhood of Algiers Point before heading back to your home base.
- Iconic foods: Shrimp po’ boys, gumbo, jambalaya, boiled crawfish, bananas Foster—these are some of the most iconic foods of New Orleans that you must try.
Before you head out on your road trip, be sure you have sufficient car insurance coverage. If you’re not sure, you can text a Jerry agent straight through the app.
Jerry can help you browse competitive quotes sourced from over 50 top insurance companies to find the best deal on the coverage you need. The average user saves over $800 per year with just a few taps.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What year was the first Hyundai Tucson Limited?
Did the Hyundai Tucson Limited come after the regular Hyundai Tucson, or did Hyundai start selling both of them at the same time? I don’t really understand what the difference is between them.
May 10, 2022
What’s the best driving route from Boston to San Diego?
My wife and I are taking the family on a massive road trip across the U.S. this summer. We’re starting in Boston and heading to San Diego, so what’s our best driving route?
May 11, 2022
What are the best things to do in Savannah, GA?
My family wants to visit Georgia for our annual road trip since we’ve never been. What are the best things to do in Savannah?
May 12, 2022