What are the best places to live in Portland?
I used to live in Portland when I was a kid and I remember loving it so much. Now that I have a family of my own, I want to move back to Oregon so that my kids can experience the same joy. I’m sure a lot has changed, though. What are the best places to live in Portland, OR nowadays?
Answer provided by
- Distance to work: The further you live from your workplace, the longer your commute. The traffic in the neighborhood will also add to the time it takes to get to and from work.
- Transportation: If your family plans to use public transit often, a neighborhood with more route options will be more convenient.
- Lifestyle and neighborhood vibes: Neighborhoods with smaller populations tend to have a closely knit community.
- Cost of housing: The top-ranked neighborhoods will likely have higher housing costs.
- Schools: Find out where the best schools are so that your kids can get a great education.
- Crime rate: Pick a neighborhood with low crime rates to keep your family safe.