What are the best places to live in Baltimore?
My grandparents live in Maryland, so my parents are planning to move to Baltimore to spend more time with them. I’ve been tasked to find a few good neighborhoods, but I’m not sure where to start. What are some of the best places to live in Baltimore, MD?
Answer provided by
- Commute time: Longer commute times mean there are fewer hours in the day to spend with family. Look for neighborhoods convenient to your parents’ workplaces or your grandparents’ house.
- Transportation: If your parents plan to rely on public transit to get around, find neighborhoods with the best transit routes.
- Lifestyle and neighborhood vibes: Would your parents enjoy a family-like community? Or quick access to shopping and restaurants? Or a walkable neighborhood with everything they need within a mile?
- Cost of housing: Finding out the average cost of housing in each neighborhood would be helpful to narrow down your choices, especially if your parents have a budget in mind.
- Schools: If you or any of your siblings still live at home and attend classes, look into the schools in each neighborhood you’re considering.
- Crime rate: Crime rates are important to consider for your safety. Neighborhoods with higher crime rates also tend to come with higher insurance costs.