What are the best outdoor activities in Chicago?
I recently moved to Chicago and I really miss the outdoors. What are some fun outdoor activities that I could do in or near the city?
Answer provided by
While Chicago isn’t a city known for its green space, there are still plenty of outdoor activities for you to try! Some of the best options in and around the city include:
- Kayaking down the Chicago River.
- Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Go biking on the 606 Trail.
- Visit one of the city’s many parks, like Grant Park.
- Have a picnic by the lake at Piedmont Point.
- Spend a day at one of the many beaches on Lake Michigan.
- Go ziplining or hiking in Bemis Woods.
- Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- While this one isn’t exactly outdoors, the Garfield Park Conservatory is a great place to visit if you want to be surrounded by plants and animals for a few hours—plus, it’s free!
If you’re new to the city, now is a great time to update your car insurance. With the Jerry app, you’ll be able to find the best rates available to you in your new zip code in a matter of minutes, making insurance shopping quick and easy.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What are the national parks in North Carolina?
I’m moving to North Carolina soon, and I’m super outdoorsy—and a history nerd. What national parks does the state have for me to check out while I'm living there?
May 23, 2022
What’s the best route from Boston to Florida?
I’m heading to Florida for the winter from Boston, and I want to get there as quickly as possible. What’s my best route?
May 23, 2022
What are the two national parks in Wisconsin?
I just moved to Wisconsin, and I’ve been told the state has two national parks I should visit. Which ones are they?
May 23, 2022