What are the best family activities in San Antonio?
My family and I live in Dallas, and we’re looking for some fun road trip destinations to head to this summer. We haven’t been to San Antonio yet, but I’m wondering if there are any good places to take kids?
Answer provided by
San Antonio is a super fun city to visit with plenty to do for every age! Here are the best family activities in San Antonio:
- Natural Bridge Caverns: As the biggest underground attraction in Texas, these caverns feature massive formations and chambers. Above ground, you can explore rocks, minerals, and gemstones at the mining company or try your hand at the ropes course on the grounds.
- Historic sites: San Antonio has a host of neat historic sites to visit with your family, including the Alamo, Mission San Jose, Missions National Historical Park, and Mission Trail.
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch: See 450 acres of more than 45 different species of animals from all over the world, all from the comfort of your own car.
- San Antonio Zoo: If you prefer to keep a healthy distance from the wildlife, head to the zoo. This 56-acre zoo is home to more than 8,500 animals, providing tons of fun for everyone. It’s also the site of one of the largest bird collections in the world!
- Witte Museum: The Witte Museum has a bit of everything—including nature, science, and culture exhibits to explore and learn from.
While it’s technically possible to get around San Antonio without a car, it’s definitely not the most convenient option. Whether you decide to bring your own car or snag a rental car, you’ll probably want to make sure your current car insurance policy is ready to tackle the San Antonio traffic.
If you need to add any extra coverage—like collision coverage—or you just want to see if you can find a cheaper rate, using the Jerry app is the way to go. As a licensed broker and car super app, Jerry can find you the best deals on insurance and sign you up for a new policy in just a few minutes. Join other users who save over $800 each year on average!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What are the best outdoor activities in Orange County?
My family is going to be driving to California next month. What are some good outdoor activities in Orange County?
May 27, 2022
What are the best tires for a Volkswagen Beetle?
My great-aunt sold me her mint Volkswagen Beetle for under the Kelley Blue Book value (she’s buying a new one). It’s in great shape—all except for the tires. I need to buy a new set. What are the best tires for a Volkswagen Beetle?
May 27, 2022
What are the best outdoor activities in Nashville?
We’re going to be visiting family in Nashville from out of state this summer and we were wondering: What are the best outdoor activities in the Nashville area?
May 27, 2022