What are the benefits of an engine oil treatment?
At my last car service appointment, my mechanic recommended that I get an engine oil treatment for my car but he didn’t explain the benefits to me. Why would I give my car an engine oil treatment?
Answer provided by
We understand the confusion surrounding engine oil treatments as it’s not always clear why people get them. There are five key benefits that come with engine oil treatments: it improves block leaks and seals, prevents wear and tear, prevents corrosion, promotes oil cleanliness, and improves viscosity.
So, what does that all mean? Here’s a breakdown of each benefit:
- Improves block leaks and seals on older engines: An oil treatment is a great way to keep up with maintenance if your car is over five years old. Fuel lines and fittings need oil treatments to keep them healthy and prevent leaks.
- Prevents wear and tear: An engine oil treatment provides your engine’s parts with added lubrication. It coats the engine’s components and helps eliminate friction, keeping your engine healthier for a longer time.
- Prevents corrosion: Engine oil can become acidic, which can cause corrosion. Treating your engine oil can neutralize these acids which protects your engine from corrosion.
- Promotes oil cleanliness: To keep your engine running efficiently, your engine oil burns and produces chemical byproducts that stay in the oil. An oil treatment removes impurities from your oil and protects your engine.
- Promotes viscosity: As your engine oil heats and cools while your engine runs, it loses its viscosity. Engine oil treatments can keep your engine oil’s viscosity at the right level, keeping your engine running more efficiently.
Keeping your engine oil in tip-top shape is a great way to keep yourself safe while driving, but the best way to make sure you’re covered is by signing up for great car insurance coverage at an affordable rate. Jerry, the super app, can help!
Jerry is your ultra-talented insurance broker. We’ll contact your insurance company to get the details of your current coverage so you don’t have to scale a mountain of questions. The best part? In less than 45 seconds, Jerry provides you with the best prices and coverage on the market.
And Jerry users save an average of $887 a year on car insurance!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I tell if my engine oil is too thick?
Usually, I bring my car in to have my engine oil changed, but I recently topped the oil up myself using oil that my husband uses for his car. I’ve noticed my fuel efficiency is worse and I wonder if it’s because of the oil I put in my car. Do you know what the symptoms of engine oil that’s too thick for my car are?
Apr 21, 2022
How do I change the starter in a 2000 Nissan Altima?
I have a 20+ year old car and it won’t start. I’m pretty sure the issue is a bad starter, but I don’t actually know how to change the starter. How do you change the starter in a 2000 Nissan Altima? Can I do it myself?
Apr 21, 2022
What are the interior specs of the Ford 250 Limited?
I’m considering buying the Ford F250 Limited, but I want my vehicle to feel luxurious when passengers hop in. What are the most notable interior features of the Ford 250 Limited?
Apr 21, 2022