What are some car insurance discounts I can get as a college student?
I'm a college student who rarely uses my car. Which car insurance discounts are available to me?
Answer provided by
Answered on May 27, 2021
“Many car insurance companies offer discounts to college students. Here are some you can look into:
- Good student discount for good grades
- Legacy discount for new drivers who get insurance through their parents’ carrier
- Low-mileage discount for driving less than a certain number of miles per year
- Anti-theft device discount to reduce the likelihood of theft
- Driver training discount for taking a course to become a better driver
The free Jerry app can help you find discounts and buy the right policy. It takes less than a minute to sign up and you’ll be presented with competitive rates from up to 45 top providers.”
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Is it possible to negotiate a car loan into a car lease?
I'm starting to regret getting a car loan. I wish I'd gotten a lease instead. Can I change my loan into a lease?
Apr 08, 2021
Are there any car-buying secrets that dealerships don't want the public to know about?
"I’m looking for any edge I can get to save money on my next car. Do you have any insight? "
Apr 09, 2021