What address should I use for car insurance if I go to college out of state?

My home address is in Missouri but I'm going to school in Indiana. Which address should I use for car insurance?

“Your address for car insurance should match the vehicle registration, since insurance is specific to each state.
For example, if you’re driving your parents’ vehicle and it’s registered in Missouri, your car insurance address should remain in Missouri.
Even while at school, this will still be considered your primary address for car insurance purposes.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 23, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free