What address do I put on my car insurance if I'm in the military?

My car is currently registered in another state. I need to get insurance for it, but I'm not sure if they will require me to update my registration.

“Depending on where you live, the rules vary for active-duty military. Your state may allow you to keep your registration where your permanent address is since you are in the military. Be sure to check with your state’s DMV regarding these rules.
Any insurance company will require that you list the address where the vehicle is garaged. This can be different from your mailing or permanent address.
There are a variety of car insurance carriers that are great for military members and veterans. USAA is one carrier that caters specifically to military members and their family. They may be helpful in answering any questions you may have. “
Emily Maracle
Answered on Apr 21, 2021
Emily Maracle is a car insurance specialist living in New York. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she has a degree in English Literature and a background in customer service. She enjoys cooking, gardening, and living sustainably. In the future, she can't wait to upgrade to a hybrid or electric car.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Let Jerry’s experts help you find savings on your car insurance!
No long forms or spam · Get quotes from 40+ carriers
Find insurance savings (100% Free)
4.7/5 Rating on App Store