Should you ever just get minimum liability insurance for your car in Wyoming?

I live in a relatively rural area of Wyoming. I currently have the state-minimum car insurance coverage, but I'm thinking of moving to a more populated area. Should I stay with minimum liability insurance, or should I opt for more coverage?

Apr 22, 2021
Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered at Apr 22, 2021
“Wyoming actually has decent state-minimum car insurance coverage compared to places like Florida or California. The state minimum for liability is 25/50/20 liability policy, which breaks down to:
If you lived on a ranch and only used your vehicle in areas of low traffic, this would probably be acceptable coverage. But since you’re moving to a more populated area, you’re going to want more coverage.
You’ll probably want to at least double your coverage to 50/100/50, or go up to 100/300/100. By getting either one of these policies, you can make sure that you aren’t left holding the bill after an accident. Cheap car insurance isn’t always the best car insurance in this case.”
Car Insurance

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies